We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
• To process your transactions and provide you with the products and services you request
• To provide, maintain, protect, develop, and improve the Site and our services
• To improve your experience on the Site and in our stores
• For customer service, including to respond to your inquiries and requests
• To communicate with you about our and third-party products and services, in accordance with applicable laws and with your consent where required
• To analyze and learn about consumer trends and interests
• To learn about the devices you use to access the Site and other online services
• To personalize the content you see on the Site
• For administering contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions
• Maintaining your reward or loyalty program memberships
• To protect our rights as well as yours and others
• To comply with our legal obligations
We use information that does not reasonably identify you for any purpose, including for statistical analysis of the Site.
A web browser cookie (“cookie”) is a small text file that is sent by a website to your computer or mobile device where it is stored by your web browser. This enables a website to recognize you as you move around the site and/or each time you revisit. Cookies are used for a wide variety of purposes such as to keep you logged in, to remember what’s in your basket if you’re shopping online, to remember your preferences and settings, to analyze how the site is used by you, and to serve advertising to you.
Cookies may be served to you by the website you are visiting (a “first party cookie”) or by another organization providing services to that website, such as an analytics company or advertising network (a “third party cookie”). They will either be stored for the duration of your visit (a “session cookie”) or they will remain on your device for a fixed period, which could be months or even years, to remember you across multiple browsing sessions (a “persistent cookie”).
Personalized Targeted Advertisement
Based on your on- and offline purchase history, your behavior on websites (visited pages, links clicked) and interaction with chatbot(s), we will set-up and maintain your personal digital marketing profile to make sure that we only show you advertisements that will most likely suit your personal taste. This is called targeted advertising. The more successful we are in targeted advertising, the higher our (prospective) customer satisfaction. To be able to show you targeted advertisements, we can also match your data profile with customers that have a similar profile.
We may also use the data for retargeting by showing you a targeted advertisement on a third-party website that is linked to an event on our website, for example a specific purchase that was abandoned.
In addition, Facebook, Google and other online actors can independently register your use of our advertisements. Please read the privacy policies of such third parties as we are not responsible for the personal data they process for their own purposes.
Tracking Technologies: Web Beacons/Gifs, Pixels, Page Tags, Script
Web pages, emails and apps may contain small, transparent image files or lines of code that help record how you interact with the online services. These tracking technologies are often used in conjunction with cookies (or the unique identifier of your device), and they are used to help website and app publishers to better analyze and improve their services and to target advertising based on your browsing behavior and interests. For example, we may use these technologies to learn about the web pages you visit or which elements of a page or application you viewed; when and for how long you interacted with our content; whether you viewed and/or clicked on an advertisement; and whether you opened or clicked on marketing communications that we may send to you.
Tracking Via Mobile Applications and Other Applications